As part of my role in our church, I get to lead a few retreats each year, and our next one is scheduled for October 26-27, 2012: In Constant Communion is a spiritual formation retreat designed to help participants better understand the practice of receiving the Lord's Supper and how doing so on a regular basis can be an important part of developing a vital relationship with God. Here are the schedule and registration details:
Friday, October 26, 2012
- 5-7 p.m..: Arrive at Christ the King Retreat Center, San Angelo, TX
- 7:15 p.m.: Dinner
- 8:00 p.m.: Session 1: Communion Past
- 9:00 p.m.: Free Time
- 9:15 p.m.: Night Prayer
- 9:35 p.m.: Rest
Saturday, October 27, 2012
- 8:15 a.m.: Morning Prayer
- 8:30 a.m.: Breakfast
- 9:15 a.m.: Session 2: Communion Present
- 10:15 a.m.: Solitude and Silence
- 12:00 p.m.: Mid-day Prayer
- 12:15 p.m.: Lunch
- 1:00 p.m.: Session 3: Communion Future
- 2:00 p.m.: Free Time
- 3:00 p.m.: Closing Prayer with Communion
- 4:00 p.m.: Depart from Christ the King Retreat Center
- Registration is $75 for an individual or $100 for a couple.
- Transportation is available from First United Methodist Church of Midland.
- Registration cost includes materials, lodging, and meals.
- Each retreat attendee will have a private room and bathroom.