I got a great Father's Day card from my 2-year-old boy today. It was hand-made, with excellent sticker selection and placement. (The front is pictured above, and the back is covered with Diego stickers.) The inside of the card is my favorite, though, because it has his answers to questions about me.
- What is Daddy's full name? Daniel Daddy.
- What color is Daddy's hair? Black.
- What color are Daddy's eyes? Brown.
- How old is Daddy? 4.
- How tall is Daddy? Tall like me.
- What do you like to do with Daddy? Play Ring the Gack, watch the triangle while it's on.
- What is Daddy's favorite sports team? Me.
- What else do you like to do with Daddy? Do my shaving cream.
- What do you want to say to Daddy on Father's Day? I love you, Daniel. You like to play Ring the Gack with me, Daniel.
The first thought that comes to my mind as I look at this card again is that I love being Daniel Daddy. We all have words attached to us in our different roles in life to describe what we do, and among the roles I have in life, there are none that come close to bringing me the enjoyment as much as those I have here in my own house. I love being a daddy.
So, who's up for a round of Ring the Gack?